Below is a list of frequently asked questions that should help you get the information you need. If you are still unsure please contact us at:
We hope so! However, whether we can open our doors for in-person visits to Santa depends entirely on government guidelines. See below for our plans depending on each level of restrictions.
- Level 3/4/5: We are unable to operate any in-person events under Level 3, Level 4, or Level 5. We are, however, offering a variety of alternative options for interacting with Santa in a safe way. We understand that nothing can replace the traditional in-person visit to Santa, but we have been working hard to provide some quality, alternative options to bring the magic of Santa into your home this Christmas. These alternative options include
For details on alternative options for visiting Santa in 2020 if the country stays at Level 3/4/5 through Christmas, continue reading below, "What are the alternative options for visiting Santa in 2020 if we stay at Level3/4/5?"
- Level 1/2: If the country moves to Level 2 in December, we will be able to open at a significantly reduced capacity in select locations. In addition, we have made several changes to our Experience to ensure that we can adhere to all guidelines as the health and safety of both our staff and customers is paramount. These changes include single family, grotto-only visits as well as maintaining 2m+ from Santa at all times.
To read more about the changes and safety precautions that we will apply to the Santa Experience in the case we move to Level 2 in December, continue reading below, "What changes will be made to The Santa Experience if we can offer in-person visits under Level 2 restrictions?"
- Virtual Santa: Book a private Zoom meeting with Santa at a time that suits your family. This option is an opportunity to speak with Santa in real time and allows children to interact directly with Santa from the comfort of their own home.
- Personalised Video Message: This option is a pre-recorded, personalised video from Santa, during which Santa addresses each child directly using information provided by the parents/guardians at the time of booking. The final product will be emailed to you directly.
- Finding Nutmeg (Children’s Book): Purchase a copy of “Finding Nutmeg”, a children’s Christmas story that was inspired by The Santa Experience and penned by one of the creators, Greg Clarke, and brought to life with illustrations by local artist, Des Langford (If you have visited our Santa Experience in the past, you and your children may just recognize some of the magical locations featured in this book, including the Elves’ Post Office, the Reindeer Stables, the Sleigh Station, and more!) “Finding Nutmeg” can be purchased online here and will soon be available in selected Dunnes Stores (See our other website for more details on "Finding Nutmeg": www.findingnutmeg.ie)
- Letters and “Nice List” Certificates: Order a Personalised Letter from Santa himself. Customers can choose the template that best suits their child (total of 4 templates to choose from). Each template requests different information about each child that is incorporated into each letter. In addition to purchasing a letter, customers may also add-on an official “Nice List” Certificate that is signed by Santa. Personalised Letters and Certificates are mailed directly to your home in an authentic envelope straight from the North Pole. Each item is so personalised that your child’s eyes will light up when they realise that Santa is thinking of them, even if they cannot visit Santa in-person.
If we move to Level 2 and government guidelines allow in-person events, we would be operating at a significantly reduced capacity. Unfortunately, we would be unable to offer access to our Post Office, Reindeer Stables, Sleigh Station, and Arctic Area under any circumstances in 2020. Instead, families would be magically transported directly to Santa’s Grotto where Santa would meet them from a safe distance (2+ meters). Children would still receive a present, but Santa would not be able to hand the gift to them directly in order to reduce physical contact. Families would also still be able to pose for a socially distanced photo. Customers 13+ years old would be required to wear a mask. (It is still unclear whether government restrictions would allow families to remove their masks briefly for a photo-op with Santa.)
What will be different about in-person visits in 2020? (Please note it is not guaranteed that we will be able to open for in-person visits in 2020)
- One family at a time at check-in.
- Private family visit: Unlike previous years during which families may have visited Santa in a group with other families, visits will be limited to one family at a time. To ensure social distancing is possible throughout your visit, bookings will be limited to a maximum 6 people per group regardless of whether additional family members want to attend. Large families must make two separate bookings to ensure that our staff and customers can adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- No waiting room: Instead, entry times will be especially time sensitive. You must arrive no more than 5 minutes before your booking time in order to join the queue of families that are booked in for your time slot. Bookings will still be per half hour, so expect to be queuing for up to 15-20 minutes after check-in.
- Grotto-only visit: Unlike previous years, there will be no rooms leading up to Santa. Instead, families will be magically transported directly to Santa's Grotto.
- Socially distanced from Santa: We have redesigned our grotto to ensure that families remain at least 2m away from Santa at all times.
What's the same about in-person visits for 2020? (Please note it is not guaranteed that we will be able to open for in-person visits in 2020)
- Pre-booking (online only): Families will still be able to reserve their visit online. In fact, this will be mandatory for in-person visits this year (i.e., no walk-ins, even just for a photo)
- Santa Needs to Know form (SNTK form): You must fill out the form prior to your arrival. It is recommended that you bring your own pen in case you need to make any changes to your form or fill out a new form on the day of your visit.
- Gift: Children will still receive a gift of the same value and calibre as previous years (i.e., €7-10 retail price). However, Santa will not hand your child the gift directly).
- Photo/USBs: After exiting the grotto, the family must nominate one (1) adult to review, select, and pay for photos. To expedite this process and to reduce physical contact, families will be required to pre-purchase their first photo during the online booking process.
Alternative options for visiting Santa: We are also offering pre-recorded videos and an opportunity to meet Santa via Zoom video chat. These alternative options for visiting Santa will be available in 2020 regardless of changes in government guidelines. For more details about these alternative options, please continue reading the FAQ below.
The Virtual Santa Experience is a private Zoom meeting with Santa at a time that suits your family. The Virtual Santa Experience is an opportunity for children to hear from Santa in real time and allows children to interact directly with Santa from the comfort of their own home.
- During your virtual meeting, Santa will use the Santa Needs to Know form provided by the parents/guardians to personalise the conversation with each child. Unlike our in-person events, this form will be completed online at the time of booking rather than completing a physical form.
- The Virtual Santa option requires you to have reliable WiFi, a tablet or computer, and a Zoom account. Although you will not need a Zoom account to schedule your Virtual Santa Experience, you will need to sign up for a Zoom account (FREE) prior to your scheduled virtual meeting.
To book your Virtual Santa Experience, click here!
- The Virtual Santa option requires you to have reliable WiFi, a tablet or computer, and a Zoom account by the time of your scheduled virtual meeting with Santa (signing up for a Zoom account quick, easy, and FREE!).
- You will not need a Zoom account to schedule your Virtual Santa Experience, you will need to sign up for a Zoom account (FREE) prior to your scheduled virtual meeting.
- It is possible to attend the Virtual Santa Experience on a phone, however, it may be hard for children to see Santa.
The Personalised Video Message from Santa is a pre-recorded, personalised video, during which Santa addresses each child directly using information provided by the parents/guardians at the time of booking. The final product will be emailed to you directly.
To order your Personalised Video Message from Santa, click here!
“Finding Nutmeg” is a fun-filled, festive adventure that features a young boy named Sean, who finds a coin that belongs to “Nutmeg the Elf” and suddenly, is magically transported to the North Pole where he begins his mission to find Nutmeg. Along his way, Sean meets several elves as he journeys through the Elves’ Post Office, Santa’s Toy Factory, the Reindeer Stables, the Sleigh Station, and Santa’s House in hopes of "finding Nutmeg".
If you or your children are familiar with The Santa Experience, this book will be a delightful way to re-live memories of your journey through the North Pole from when you last visited us. This is because "Finding Nutmeg" was written by one of the creators of The Santa Experience!
- “Finding Nutmeg” is available online *NOW* via Dunnes Stores and will soon be available for purchase in selected Dunnes Stores around the country. Please visit our Finding Nutmeg website for a complete list of stores where you can find our book.
- “Finding Nutmeg” is a hardcover, 12x9 inch book that features beautiful, festive illustrations detailing Sean’s journey through the North Pole.
- Visit our website www.findingnutmeg.ie for more details on this magical adventure book!
- This year, we are also introducing Finding Nutmeg: The Activity Book, which features colouring pages, word searches, spot the difference activities and more!
- Finding Nutmeg: The Activity Book is available to purchase online at Amazon with FREE delivery to Prime members. Click here to be redirected to Amazon.
Bookings for in-person Santa visits are not currently open due to government restrictions regarding in-person events. We hope to open bookings for in-person Santa visits if we move to Level 2. In this case, all families must be pre-booked to ensure we do not exceed our newly reduced capacity and to allow for contact tracing. In other words, no walk-ins will be admitted in 2020.
At the moment we are taking bookings for our Virtual Santa Experience (click here for details!).
Click here to book your Virtual Santa Experience.
Bookings for in-person Santa visits will not open until it is somewhat certain that we will be moving to Level 2 between November 20th-December 23rd, 2020. However, depending how things progress, it is not guaranteed that we will open under any circumstances in 2020.
Virtual Santa Experience
- Child Admission: €23.00
- Adult Admission: FREE (up to 4 adults per booking)
Click here to book your Virtual Santa Experience now!
Personalised, Pre-recorded Video from Santa
- Video for one (1) child: €14.99
- Video for additional children (maximum of 5): €9.99/child
Click here to order a personalised, pre-recorded video from Santa.
Personalised Letters & "Nice List" Certificate
- Personalised Letter from Santa: €7/child
- Personalised "Nice List" Certificate: €3/certificate (only available with the purchase of a Personalised Letter)
Click here to purchase a Personalised Letter from Santa!
"Finding Nutmeg" : Children's Christmas Book
- "Finding Nutmeg" Hardcover book: €10.00 (available online and at select Dunnes Stores)
- "Finding Nutmeg" Activity Book: €5.99 (available online from Amazon with free delivery for Prime members)
In-Person Santa Visits (not currently available)
Child Admission: €12.00 (includes gift) Adult Admission: €6.00
Note: Shipping or Booking fees will also apply at checkout depending on the product/ticket.
In previous years, The Santa Experience is an interactive multi-family tour through the North Pole ending in Santa’s magical house. Each tour has a maximum of 6 children to allow Santa to speak to each child individually. The family experience includes visiting the Elves Post Office, Santa’s Reindeer Stable and Sleigh Station followed by a journey through the Arctic before arriving at Santa’s front door. When your family enters Santa’s log cabin, your child(ren) are welcome to meet Santa himself and receive a present. By completing the “Santa Needs to Know” form, Santa will know your child’s name and what they want for Christmas, along with some other fun info that you choose to provide. A professional photographer will be on hand to capture these magical moments. Photos are available for purchase upon exiting the grotto.
*COVID-19 UPDATE FOR 2020* Due to government restrictions regarding Covid-19, we will not be offering The Santa Experience in 2020 as we have in previous years. For details on how we will approach Santa visits for each level of restrictions, please read "Can I visit Santa in 2020?" above.
We have a very lenient cancellation policy this year due to Covid. If restrictions are tightened and we can’t operate, then all bookings will be refunded immediately. However, the booking fee cannot be refunded. If you need to cancel due to illness or being a possible close contact, we will issue a refund immediately.
We have also added a feature to allow customers to cancel on their own booking through the confirmation email, and you’ll immediately be issued a full refund (except for the booking fee as we are charged through a couple different parties for taking the initial payment from customers). That way, any other customers looking for a place can book in ASAP as we’re operating with a much lower capacity this year. It also means that you do not have to explain why you’re cancelling and you have full control over it.
Finally, if you just need to make a change to your booking date, time, or location, just email us and we’ll make that change for you as long as there is space available at your desired timeslot.